Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Yellow Cake.


Playing the role of a culinary designer I chose to make a "Yellow Cake" for my project. I chose the yellow cake because, it reminds me of the holidays or special occasions. My mother and I would always make it for either a graduation, birthday, Christmas, or other holidays.

The yellow cake is well known and you can get the box from your local grocery. Baking this cake is easy and takes about 30 minutes to heat properly. When it is done it will be a sort of golden. tone. Before putting the chocolate icing on the cake make sure it cools for 10 minutes.

Ingredients
Cake mix
1/2 Vegetable oil
1 cup of water
3 eggs
Chocolate frosting

*Additional Ingredients* (not necessary)
Butter and flour for the pan
Mittens to take out the cake
A timer to keep time of how long the cake is in the oven

First I gathered up all my ingredients. I put some butter and flour on my pan so that my cake wouldn't stick. I then dumped the cake mix into the pan, thus preheating the oven to 350 degrees. After that I put in the cup of water, 1/2 of the vegetable oil and cracked three eggs into the pan. I then took my whisk and stirred the mix for about two minutes, making it thinner and yellow looking. After this I put the mix back into the original pan and placed it in the oven. I waited for about 35 minutes before taking it out, I waited an additional 10 minutes before placing the frosting on.

You can make this cake for any event! It's quick convenient, and tastes amazing!






No comments:

Post a Comment