Thursday, May 17, 2012

Green Plantains Spiders with Spinach Salad

 Green Plantain Spiders with Spinach Salad

I choose this recipe because it contains green plantain and green plantains are originally from my country, and I love them. The first time I saw this recipe was in Utilisima which is a channel with different shows including culinary shows. Later, I tried to make at home because I love to cook, but I added some more ingredients so that it could taste even better. Also, every time I cooked this green plantains spiders I made something to eat it with like different kind of dips or tuna salad. This time I came up with the idea of a spinach salad to add a little bit of freshness to this dish since summer is almost here. What I actually like about this recipe is its simplicity because you have all the ingredients at home meaning that you do not need to go to the supermarket and spend your money.  This recipe can be served as an appetizer or snack, and it is extremely delicious.

Ingredients: Green plantain Spiders
  • 1 Green Plantain.
  • A hint of salt and pepper.
  • 1 Garlic Clove, minced.
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
For the spinach salad

  • 1 cup of chop fresh spinach.
  • 1/2 cup of grated carrots.
  • A hint of salt.
  • 1 1/2 ts. of vinegar.
  • 3 ts. Olive Oil.
Instruction:
  1. Peel the green plantain.
  2.  In a grater, grate the plantain.
  3. Mix the grater plantain, salt, pepper, and garlic.
  4. Make balls and then squeeze them until they look flat.
  5. fried the spider in a hot pan with the vegetable oil until they look golden and crispy.
  6. In a different bolw, mix the spinach with the carrots, vinegar, salt and olive oil.
  7. Plate it in a white clean dish so that the color of the salad and the golden of the spiders look irresistible.
  8. ENJOY IT!!












No comments:

Post a Comment